You'll find plenty of programs, events and activities at Virginia State Parks. Our 36 parks have thousands of campsites, hundreds of cabins, more than 500 miles of trails and convenient access to Virginia's major waterways. Beaches, picnic shelters, family lodges, meeting facilities, festivals, concerts, nature programs, cultural happenings... the list goes on and on. From Cumberland Gap to the Atlantic Ocean, there's something for everyone at Virginia State Parks. Whether you're after a relaxing picnic or a two-week vacation, leave life's daily pressures behind and reconnect with nature and your family at a nearby state park. To keep up with all Virginia State Park news, sign up for this weekly eNewsletter.
- Pocahontas Premieres concert series announced.
- Get Outdoors! Contest - earn free parking passes.
- 2015 geocache game and Trail Quest programs ready.
- 2015 New River Trail Challenge Triathlon date set for Sept. 19.
- Gov. McAuliffe's visits to and support of Virginia State Parks.
- What's New at DCR.
State parks run many programs to ensure that future generations may also enjoy the great outdoors. Click the arrow in the corner for a list of those programs. Here are just a few:
Partnership for Parks - A $5 million fundraising campaign.
Volunteer programs - Lend a hand, make a difference.
Virginia State Parks... Part of a healthy lifestyle.