Additional Scenic Resource references and Visual Assessment Tools
Virginia 2000 study The Impacts of Aesthetics on the Economy and Quality of Life in Virginia and its Localities
Some other references:
- Protecting the View of the Blue Ridge Parkway, courtesy of Lynchburg's News & Advance
- Esthetics and Visual Resource Management for Highways by the Fed. Highway Admin.: National Highway Institute and office of Environmental Policy Seminar notes 1979-80
- View From the Road by Donald Appleyard, Kevin Lynch, and John R. Meyer. Pub. Joint Center for Urban Studies of the Mass. Institute of Technology and Harvard Univ. by MIT Press, Cambridge, 2nd printing1966
- National Scenic Byways Program.
- Scenic America.
- Scenic America. 1996. O, Say, Can You See: A Visual Awareness Tool Kit for Communities. Washington, DC: Scenic America.
- Scenic America. Scenic Beauty Benefits Business: Basic Design Guidelines for Business and Historic Districts. Washington, DC: Scenic America.
- U.S. Forest Service. 2002. Scenic Byways: A Design Guide for Roadside Improvements. U.S. Department of Agriculture.