- Recreational Trails Program funding available. Applications must be received by 4 p.m. on Aug. 6, 2015.
- Governor McAuliffe announces that tourism revenues, including state parks visits, are expected to have exceeded $22.4 billion in 2014.
- 2015 Dam Safety, Flood Prevention and Protection Assistance Fund grants awarded.
- Flier, Managing Nutrients on Public Lands, just printed.
- Virginia Treasures conservation initiative announced by Gov. McAuliffe on Earth Day, April 22, 2015, at Pocahontas State Park. Here is the news release issued by the governor's press office.
- Bats in Virginia. Did you know bats live up to 30 years? Learn more about these amazing animals.
- Governor and cabinet visit Shenandoah State Park on April 6 and 7, 2015
- 2015 geocache game and Trail Quest programs launched in Virginia State Parks
- Gov. McAuliffe announces $1.75 million federal grant to advance Chesapeake Bay cleanup
- Virginia updates list of invasive, non-native plant species in the state.
- Here's a brochure for homeowners interested in a lush, green lawn and keeping Virginia's waterways healthy and clean.
- Check out DCR's Flickr photo collection. We're always adding shots.
View recent news releases.