LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Stormwater BMP Clearinghouse
Working with the Virginia Water Resource Research Center, DCR established and now administers the Virginia Stormwater Management BMP Clearinghouse Web site. The site is used to:
- Provide instructions and forms regarding the review and approval of design specifications and pollutant removal credits for stormwater best management practices (BMPs).
- Maintain an updated registry of permitted Manufactured Treatment Devices (MTDs).
- Disseminate design standards and specifications of all BMPs approved for use in Virginia to control the quality, quantity or both of stormwater runoff. The following categories of BMPs are addressed:
- Traditional practices, such as detention or wet ponds.
- Low impact development (LID) practices, such as bio-retention and roof drain disconnection.
- Environmental site design (ESD) practices, such as cluster development and land conservation.
- Manufactured treatment devices (MTDs), such as hydrodynamic separators and filters.
- Disseminate results of Virginia's process to evaluate and certify the performance claims of manufactured and proprietary BMPs approved for use in Virginia.
- Provide information and links to websites pertaining to those who must comply with the Virginia Stormwater Management Law and Regulations.
- Provide information on Virginia Stormwater BMP Clearinghouse Committee meetings and actions.
Click here to visit the Virginia Stormwater Management BMP Clearinghouse Web site.