April 1 - May 31 and Sept. 1 - Oct. 31
Building a Better Outdoors -
Today, Tomorrow... Every Day
Stewardship Virginia is a statewide initiative held twice annually to help citizens with projects that enhance and conserve Virginia's natural and cultural resources. Its focus is on projects that
- enhance water quality
- control invasive species
- improve recreational resources
- preserve historic and cultural resources
- conserve natural heritage resources
- educate people about recreational, historical, cultural, wildlife, forest and water resources
- improve wildlife habitat and tree cover
Interested? Then get involved!
Get the word out about Stewardship Virginia by mentioning it in your newsletter, posting flyers on bulletin boards or promoting it with paychecks or organizational mailings. Businesses can grant employees time off to help with an event. Business can also contribute directly to the campaign to help defray the costs of promotional material.
Stewardship Virginia... as simple as 1, 2, 3
- Plan and conduct a volunteer project or event or join an existing one. Our resource guide makes it easy to get great ideas about projects and where to go to get started. Come up with your own unique projects, or call to speak with the project coordinator for ideas and guidance.
- Complete a registration form and send it in. Your event will be added to our website, ensuring greater exposure.
- Give volunteers a big "thank you" by handing out certificates signed by the governor. These will be sent to you after receiving your registration.